Injectable fillers are a relatively new and safe way to correct wrinkles in the area of the lips, nose and forehead. They also fight against flabby skin in the area of the cheeks, chin, neck and hands. Recently, a large number of new products have come into the market. But the most serious products tested by time are such preparations as Radiesse and Restylane. Which of the dermal fillers is better? Let us consider this question.
How do Modern Fillers Work?
So that the skin texture can become smoother, preparations based on hyaluronic acid are used. The acid can be of absolutely any density. Both dermal fillers Restylane and Radiesse are considered to be the most popular products of this kind. They are introduced under the wrinkles through the use of a special needle.
Both preparations are sold in syringes with sterile packaging. They add volume in the areas where there is a lack of it. The filler contributes to the smoothing of the skin surface, so it is as if the wrinkles are raised and visually become unnoticeable. Hyaluronic acid is evenly distributed in tissue areas and does not affect the degree of skin sensitivity.
When Will the Effect Appear and How Long Will It Last?
After the use of injectable fillers the effect can be seen almost immediately. There is no rehabilitation period. Edema usually persists for a couple of hours. Injections of both preparations leave no traces on the skin. But it is a few days after the procedure that the face acquires the most appropriate look.
The preparation is active for about 6 months. Throughout this period of time safe components are formed. The treatment effect of Radiesse lasts longer. This preparation serves the purpose of providing correction for a period of 12 months.
Which Filler Should be Preferred?
Both Radiesse and Restylane are effective fillers. The choice of such agents is an individual issue. It is directly dependent on the nature of the problem that needs to be solved. There are several criteria on the basis of which a suitable preparation should be chosen:
- cost (for both agents it is approximately the same);
- how long the preparation takes to show its effects (Radiesse products are notable for a rapid manifestation of their effects);
- duration of action (in this case Radiesse again “wins”, since the effect lasts up to 12 months, while with Restylane it is up to 6 months;
- list of indications for use (Radiesse has the longest list of conditions when the use of the preparation is permissible, as it rids of wrinkles of any depth, restores the volume of the lips, cheeks, cheekbones, chin and improves the appearance of the hands);
- list of restrictions and contraindications (both preparations have the same list of restrictions, they are not used in case of severe skin infections, somatic pathologies, pregnancy, breastfeeding).
Along with this, both Restylane and Radiesse cause certain side effects. According to statistics, redness of the skin has been observed in patients in 5% of the cases, and in 4% of the cases edema has declared itself. Pain and bruises have emerged in 3% of the clients. The sensations of tightness and itching have been less common, up to 2%.
Thus, it is up to the patient to decide which preparation to choose. To correctly decide on the selection of a preparation, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will provide answers to any questions.